Friday, September 16, 2011

Joe...

You're never quite prepared.

At least that's what I've found.

Even when you're waiting for it, you're still somewhat surprised.

The message is never easy to deliver. No matter how you try to soften the blow, it still comes out the worst thing you've ever had to tell a person.

Because you know, once you've said it out loud, it becomes real.

It's no better being on the other side.

You can't quite understand for a moment and then the horror of it all wraps it's arms around you and won't let go.

I know this because I've been the messenger and the recipient.

It's awful on either end.

I don't care if you believe in the great beyond. I don't care if you don't. I don't care if you believe in reincarnation or different plains or master plans or life lessons learned.

The end result is the same.

They're gone and I'm left crying.

Death sucks.

1 comment:

MissTottenham said...

Sucks big time sweetie. I'm putting on my sad face.




I sympathise with you cos mum hates garlic, the smell makes her want to vomit and we have to check all the labels of stuff to make sure it's not in there. It's in so many things you wouldn't expect isn't it?