I held the card in my hand not believing my eyes.
A blast from the past.
I had walked away from it so many years ago vowing to protect myself from her disease.
I read the note once again.
Everything made sense. Everything was in order. Everything appeared to be normal.
A reach was made by her to call and catch up. She had so many things to tell me.
Where she's been. What she's been up to. Who she is now.
I couldn't wait to call and reconnect with her.
While my time away from her was needed. I didn't cut her off because I was angry or hurt. I did it to protect me and mine. I still missed her and wondered where her path was leading her.
Excitedly I left a message for her to call me when she had time. I had things I wanted to tell her too.
Not 5 minutes later I got a rambling call back and then was hung up on.
5 minutes after that I got another call laced with obscenities.
Then the texts started.
More unintelligible calls and texts assaulted my poor phone.
I looked at you with my eyes wide and could only shake my head.
What have I done?
I invited the beast into our home again.
But at least I learned of her whereabouts on her path.
Right where I left her all those years ago.
ps Diggity
6 comments:
Ouch. Sorry it turned out like that.
At least you tried and at least now you know.
Sorry it turned out like that.
I finally got an apology after two weeks.
Frankly I was surprised she even remembered that she had talked to/at me.
She says she thought I was somebody else.
I haven't answered her yet.
Not sure if I'm going to. Her calls were frightening. It makes me think about whether or not I want open communication lines again, or just wait until she reaches out again years from now during another lucid moment.
Yet for some stupid reason I still feel guilty for not answering her.
That's cos you are a good person Jenn. It's always the good people that have their conscience knaw away at them. the crap people just don't give a shit.
I don't want to be nosy, but I'm assuming perhaps substance abuse is involved?
You are a good person, just like Caz said. Sometimes you really have to cut your losses, as painful as that may be.
Goodness. Everything Miss T and Carrie said, Jenn. =(
I've been alright, thanks. Trying to still recover from the hideousness that was 2012. Latin hits it on the head with annus horriblus. Roll on 2013. =)
Post a Comment