The last days of summer are fast approaching. By this time of the year, I am trying to squeeze as much summer fun out of the time I have left and I write many "odes to the summer."
But last night as we sat outside enjoying the cooling evening air, I noticed that I am looking forward to the changing season.
I look forward to the crisp evening air and the earthy smell that Autumn brings.
In my head, summer is done. Even though as I write this I am sun bathing with the Blues playing in the background.
A thin film of sweat has covered me and I'm pretty sure I smell like a fruit cocktail from the lotion I've hosed myself down with.
I look forward to snuggling up on the couch next to you with a fire in the fireplace.
I look forward to cooking and baking nummy things in the heart of our home - the kitchen.
I look forward to cold nights and a heavy down comfortor to keep us warm at night.
I look forward to shuffling my feet in mounds of leaves.
And I really look forward to wearing my boots.
1 comment:
Nope, you are right, following people home and chopping them up is the clown agenda,obviously.
I'm really looking forward to wearing my ugg boots and wearing big chunky knitted jumpers.
Post a Comment