I've reached the end of my rope.
Winter has done me in.
Not that it was so horrible - last year was pretty dang bad and definitely worse than this year.
It just seems dark this year.
Too long and too dark.
I miss the sun. It's not like I live in Alaska where daylight is only 1/2 an hour a day, I just prefer more sunlight that we've been getting.
I miss driving around with my windows open. I tried to do this last week and got an ear full of blasted snow slush from the road. Not nearly as fun as I had hoped.
I miss reading under a tree. It's too hard to concentrate while shivering from the sub zero temperatures. Not to mention your butt gets wet when you just sit in the snow.
I miss mowing the lawn. I'd mow it now but it's under nearly a foot of snow.
I miss going to the beach and feeling the sand between my toes. I realize I can do this same action today, but it's not the same when the "real feel" is below freezing.
I miss short-sleeved shirts and pretty little skirts.
I miss my summer shoes. I'm tired of clomping around in my boots. Ready to kick ass? Yes - but not as pretty.
Ugh, I'm just cranky and bitchy and ready for nicer weather.
2 comments:
I miss summer too. I'm currently on anti-biotics for a chest infection. This winter can't end fast enough as far as I'm concerned.
I totally feel your longing for warmth.
Jennicula popping by said...
Did you have a Happy Birthday?
Did you eat pizza and cake?
I hope so.
I celebrated your birthday by eating chocolate :)
Did I have a Happy Birthday? Yes indeedy.
Did you eat pizza and cake? Yes indeedy to both.
Yayness for you eating chocolate on my birthday xxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment