Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize there is just.... more out there?
Call it what you will, but I had one of those moments not too long ago that stuck with me.
It was so strange and wonderful, I imagine I will think upon it for some time.
A few days ago, I had just parked my car in a parking lot at a neighborhood store.
I gathered my things and opened the door to get out of the car.
The moment I got out of my car, There - right in front of me was a dog.
He was attached to his human by a leash, but I was still startled.
I stopped in my tracks and looked down.
"Hi Puppy!" I said.
We just looked at each other.
His human asked if I had a dog - (no)
She told me that the moment the car door opened he went to me as if he knew me.
I told her that he looked exactly like my old dog, Herman. Who had been long, long since gone.
Dog and I stared at each other.
I held out my hand so he could sniff me - and sniff he did.
I smiled and he sniffed.
We held eye-contact. It seemed like an odd wonderment for me.
Dog held my gaze and it felt like he was looking into my soul.
I let him stare and I thought of my old dog. Crazy and unpredictable Herman.
Dog's human apologized for the intrusion and I told her it was totally fine.
It was this little wonderfully weird experience for only him and me - like kindred spirits finding each other and connecting.
I have no idea what the dog was thinking. Obviously.
I just kept thinking that I needed to call my parents and talk about Herman.
And I did.
PS ~ Herman circa 1970

1 comment:
Aw Herman was gorgeous. That there is reincarnation. Inside that ickle doggy was your Herman saying hello. I'm so glad he has a lovely second mummy.
Hiya Jenn, I'm good thanks. I hope you and all yours are well and happy.
LOL, it's easy wipe off pen, that's why we let her do her tattoos as we call them.
She is gorgeous and saying more and more each day.
Hahaha, the boy and dirty jokes. She's not at that stage yet.
Post a Comment