Friday, January 3, 2020

Neither here nor there...

I unplugged for the holidays.

It seemed as if it were needed.

Was my time spent well?

Yes.

I spent my time with family and friends.

Watching movies.

Reading old books and new books.

I cooked.

I ate.

I watched shooting stars.

And I slept.

Sometimes it really is the simple things in life that make it special.

3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Absolutely.

I spent time with family and friends, stayed up late, stayed in bed late, had PJ days, lounged in the bath with a good book, watched great tv and ate loads.

I wish it were the Christmas holidays at least 4 times a year, I think we could all do with regular recharging breaks.


They are such happy kids. Eloise is 1 on Saturday and Amelie has decided that Eloise would love to spend it at a soft play centre, so that's where we are off to.

Yesterday Eloise decided to show me how she could crawl up three sets of stairs and two landings to the attic playroom. She kept turning round to make sure I was following, grinning her head off.

We had a great Christmas and new Year. I hope that you and your family had a great time too. Any resolutions? I'm just trying to lose weight, not so easy with an underactive thyroid, but I'll try.

Love and hugs for the new Year to you and yours xxxx

Jennicula said...

MissT, your time off sounds as lovely as mine did. While I hear your sentiment on having the holidays 4 times a year, I'm more for having the time off like that 4 times a year. The holidays are stressful for me. I just need the recharging breaks at regular intervals.

I'm so glad to hear that the kids are just plain old happy kids. I figured as much with the pictures and stories you share. I'm glad that Eloise is moving and shaking like her big sis has done. I can't wait to hear about her walking.

If anything maybe that will help shave off any weight. Chasing 2 kids is a challenge. I plan on trying to lose weight too. The only excuse I have is that I have an underactive willpower. I love my sweets and I hate exercise. A bad combination I'm learning. Now that Christmas and the holidays are over, I won't be so tempted with the cookies and other yummies sitting around waiting for me to eat them.

We had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Very quiet which was just what the doctor ordered.

Love and hugs from me and mine to you and yours for the New Year and beyond.

MissTottenham said...

Love and hugs to you and yours too Jenn.

Yes, they are very happy kids. Eloise is starting to walk holding mummy's hand and she loves the round of applause she gets, that really makes her smile.

Another thing that makes her smile is pizza. It was a sad day yesterday, the little on needed jabs, two in each leg. She was feeling sorry for herself and just whimpering when she came to ours. Big one wanted mummy cuddles so I was cuddling Eloise. She just laid her head on my shoulder and whimpered. But then, pizza was delivered. Sis said she had a beady eye on the boxes as they made their way into the room and when I asked if she wanted some (we pull little bits of cheese off for her, she's cheese mad), she sat bolt upright, spat out her dummy and sat with her mouth open, talk about a split second transformation. It was so funny, and after that she was happy and clapping, gabbing away, putting my lip balm on me. That girl is food mad, we haven't yet found a food she doesn't like.

Good luck with your weight loss. I managed to lose 1 and a quarter ponds the first week and 2 pounds the next. I can't say it's been hard, I've just not had fizzy pop with every meal, just a couple of meals a week (it is compulsory with pizza), and I haven't had the Christmas goodies to nibble, and that's been all really so it hasn't been a hardship at all. And I still had me weekly pizza, that is totally non negotiable LOL.

Have a great week and good luck resisting the sweets xxx