I did have some wonderful events
tickle my life here and there.
The additions of a new family member in the way
of a niece was most excellent. The fact that I cannot visit her in person is
totally bogus.
The pandemic forced me to work out of the house for almost a year
now. The good part is that I work out of the house. I've created ways to work
better. Unfortunately work-life tends to blur into home-life. It's something I
need to address. I work harder than I play, and I just can't have that uneven
balance in my life.
Being home 24/7 has made me more creative in cooking meals.
Since we save money on going out to eat (I haven't sat in a restaurant since
February 2020) we've learned new and interesting ways to prepare chicken. I
know, you may think it's boring, but you haven't tried my chicken a la orange
yet.
We've followed the rules with social distancing and mask wearing. I wonder
what will happen when we are allowed out to roam freely in the world? Will we
have all become semi-hermits shunning or even fearing social interaction? As a
social butterfly, I fear that this may have happened already.
I managed to reach
out to old friends and reconnect. Some with great success, some I'm realizing
that there was a reason as to why I stopped talking to them. How does one
un-reconnect?
I'm one of the lucky ones. I love my home. Yes, I'd love my own
office, air conditioning, but all in all, being stuck inside my home with family
has not been bad. Yes, we get cabin fever and wind up yelling at each other when
we feel the pinch, but really its more of letting off steam. Those blow-ups blow
over and we're laughing again.
I have had worse years than 2020 in my life. No
resolutions were made for 2021. I think just making it through this coming year
will be enough for me.
Be well, stay healthy, and hug yourself because you're
not allowed to get one from anybody else.
1 comment:
Hiya Jenn, that was a lovely post. I know it has been a crazy, crappy year, but like you said, there are always positives. You have a lovely family to spend time with and new life in the family. Family is everything and if we haven't lost any to covid, we have many blessings.
I have made a new friend in lockdown. We have a ladybird that has not gone into hibernation. It follows me round the house and likes to join me at bathtime. It jumps into the bath and I've had to scoop it out about 5 times already this week. I swear it was a cat in a previous life cos it has 9 lives.
If you want to un-reconnect, just pretend you never heard that text/phone call etc. Of course you were so busy that you must have missed it, oops.
I hope you don't have to wait too long into 2021 before you get a cuddle from your niece. Got to admit that I'm so lucky to get loads every day. Thank goodness for our support bubbles.
Happy New Year, let's hope it's better than the last xxx
Post a Comment