Yesterday was full of curious moments and I smiled for most of them.
I kept thinking about all the times we laughed until there were tears in our eyes and a little pee in our pants.
Those carefree summer days of fishing at the pond. Catching nothing but a few rays of the sun on our pale skin.
Sneaking you out of the house to go to dances you were forbidden to attend.
Sleepovers where you made me listen to The BeeGees, convinced that if you played that album enough times that I would love them like you did.
Those winter days where we got so much snow, we planned on being snowed in at your house so we could play on the snowmobiles.
It was all fun.
I’m not saying there weren’t any tears, there were, but mostly we had fun.
I couldn’t understand why the thought of you and the whisper of your voice followed me around so vividly and then I realized that today would have been your birthday.
Last night I said out loud, “Sherry, if you’re thinking of me, wherever you are, send me birds so I know it.”
Today the trees outside my office window have been visited by more birds than I can count. As a matter of fact, there’s a yellow finch staring at me right now.
So maybe I’m ready to forgive you for leaving me the way you did.
And maybe I can admit that I still miss you terribly so.
2 comments:
That's beautiful, nothing else to say xxxx
That have me goose bumps. She'll always be part of you. Cherish the good memories. Bizzy Lizzy
Post a Comment