Thursday, December 1, 2022

Blast from the past…

 As I sit here and stare out the window (whilst pretending to work) I reflect on the past year.


It went so quickly. Many good things happened and a few bad - such is life I guess.


Last night I met with old co-workers from a job I worked at 1990-1995. We were all about the same age - early 20s. It was one of those jobs where we worked hard and played harder. It was a start-up company and we were on the  ground level making it work. 


I started there as a receptionist. Did I know how to answer a phone? Yes. Did I know how to operate a multi-phone system? No. But I faked it and it worked out. Turns out all my friends from then had no idea what they were doing when they started, so they faked it as well.


We harassed each other, played trick on each other, dressed up for Halloween. We celebrated weddings and babies. We had a lot of fun.


Last night I met with a woman I hadn’t seen for nearly 30 years and the conversation slipped into such ease it was like there had not been all that time between us. It was fun like the old days.


The kids are now grown. Some people are divorced. A few are in recovery. But that’s life.


We plan on getting together again after the holidays, and there’s hope we can track down more of our colleagues for more reconnecting. 


30 years slipped by in a flash it seems, so I shouldn’t be so surprised about 2022 zipping by.


May the coming year be full of discovery and wonders. May you reconnect with old friends. May you be healthy and happy now and always.


Happiest of holidays. 

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

That sounds fantastic. You know people are real friends when you haven't seen them for a long time but talking with them makes it feel like you only saw them yesterday.

Happy holidays to you too xxx

MissTottenham said...

Happy Christmas Jenn, I hope you and your family have a great one.
xxxxxx