I sit and hold your hand. The softest hand I’ve ever held. Dainty fingers that were compelled to make art.
In any medium.
A personality as big as life in a still body that just couldn’t do it anymore.
Eyes closed but not sleeping.
As I watch you struggle to breathe, I wonder if you are still in there. Is your mind rambling around?
Your body is not telling me any secrets.
Are you afraid? Are you sad?
Or are you already gone?
I tell you everything is going to be ok. Not to worry. Everything will be fine.
But I lied. Nothing is ok. Nothing is fine. It’s all a mess.
I’m a mess.
3 comments:
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Please contact me whenever you need. I have nothing that I could say that would make you feel better, but I'm here for you whatever you need to say, scream, cry, shout, anything. All my hugs to you xxx
I'm so sorry for you loss J. You know I've been there recently, I'm just here when you need me. Take your time. You are all in my thoughts xxx
Thanks MissT. First, like your experience, it was a shock. Now we’re dealing with the aftermath. It’s been a lot.
Hanging in there.
I’ll be back soon. Just a lot on my plate right now.
Xoxo
Post a Comment