Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Can't touch this...

Why do people get the urge to touch me?

What prompts a person to just invade my space for a hug – a squeeze – a rub without asking if I need any of that?

They all laugh when I tell them I’m not a touchy-feely person and I have a wide personal space they need to stay out of. Do I look like a snuggle bug?

It’s that time of the year again when my co-workers seem to think I need to hug it out. I am treated like a jungle Jenny. Hands grab at me and my head is patted.

You know what?

I’m not an f***ing dog.

I’m more like a porcupine with obscenity laden quills.

Get the hell off of me before I hurt you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just weird.

Like, really weird.

Are people at work just running up to you molest you?

Do they think you look extra grumpy or miserable?

I guess if you wanted to be really nasty you could secretly videotape it along with you saying not to do it and threaten to take them to court.

Weird.

MissTottenham said...

Oh dear Jenn, have you tried growling at people who get too close?


LOL Jenn, busting old grannies. Well, if they do insist on doing those bank jobs, they deserve what they get hahahah!

I hope you got the pics, I did email them.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

I hear you Sunshine! Love ya anyway. Bizzie Lizzie

Pickled Possum said...

I hear stilletto heels are a more useful deterrent for those that don't respect personal space. =)

Hope your day is a super one .

xoxo

Jennicula said...

Bizzy - my mother once told me that my first sentence was:

[with my hand out in a stop sign fashion}

"No touch"

Some things never change.