Monday, May 24, 2010

May...

I find it hard to explain. It's just one of those "if you've never experienced it - you really don't understand" categories.

As I stand on my back porch, I am moved to silence and wonder.

Spring has arrived. A warm breeze swirls lightly enough to move my hair. My new container garden is at its glory.

Pinks, blues, yellows, and purples are scattered on the deck. Now the trees have exploded into varying shades of green. I don't think they had leaves on Tuesday.

Butterflies and bees float from flower to flower.

My lawn is lush again with grass and dandelions. Chirps and songs from different birds fill the air.

Spring has sprung and I don't hate it.

This season is truly beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda jealous.

Here in Rochester, the seasons decided to skip spring and go straight to summer.

It's funny seeing the reaction. All of us express a nervous sort of thankfulness about the balmy, 85 degree May weather. All of us silently expressing concern that this is indicative of a scorching, humid summer to come.

I suppose if you ever decide to quit, what better way to step out than throwing a mud pie at a grown woman?

To be honest, the place you work sounds like one of my potential levels of Hell. I'm not gonna start getting all misogynist but it really is harder working with women than men. I don't care what any feminazi says.