Basic chores around the house are not really fun.
I can't get too revved up scrubbing a toilet or washing the dishes.
Those are the normal things that get done on a regular basis. You get them done because they are a necessary evil in life. Then there are those "other" chores you do once a year that actually make you cringe.
Cringe when you think about having to do them and complain when you are actually doing them. These tasks make it to the top of my "maybe do later" list every year. My excuses are believeable and real. Procrastination is an art and I am an artist.
This year one of my particular "to-dos" came up and there was just no way to get out of it. No matter how I tried to get out of it, put it off until later, or just plain run away - I was unable.
I grabbed the scrub brushes, soap, bucket, and hose and headed for the front yard. He smiled and thanked me for help this year. To be honest, I don't remember the last time I actually helped clean the cover. Several years maybe?
We stretched the tarp out and got down to business.
Bubbles were floating and we were cleaning.
The sky clouded over and I felt the first raindrop on my head.
There was nothing I could do about it. I was in the middle of a huge endeavor and there was no way to shut it down until we were done.
So I welcomed it.
The moment I thought "bring it on" was the moment the heavens opened up.
It rained so hard that when the raindrops hit the road they bounced back up at me.
We continued to clean during the rain. I had gotten soaked to the bone.
As I tipped my head back and laughed out loud, I realized that I hadn't been caught in a storm like that since I was a child.
I laughed long and loud. My once-a-year chore was actually fun.
My neighbors must think I'm nuts.
1 comment:
Well Jenn, now I know how to bag a free room if I'm ever in your neck of the woods hahahah!
So sad I can't comment on your latest post. Just wanted to let you know that I'm stuck on you and you can't shake me ^_^ I like you too much.
Post a Comment