Friday, October 29, 2010

The trick of Halloween...

The leaves have nearly fallen off my most impressive trees in the yard. Their naked limbs reaching up for the grey sky as if they are asking for their leaves back.

I fought the passage of Summer to Autumn and now it's nearly over. I missed the best part. I hate when I do things like that.

My jack-o-lanterns will be carved tonight in preparation for my favorite holiday.

The boy has finally decided that he's too old to go out collecting for candy.

Why does he feel too old? I don't think I'm too old, society says I'm too old.

I guess it's the one day of the year that you are allowed to be whoever or whatever you wanted to be when you grew up.

a princess
a pirate
an astronaut
a monkey
a witch
a faerie
a vampire
a cartoon character...

This year I'm going to be a magician's assistant.

3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

I wanna be a F1 racing driver.

Neeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooo!

That was a car going past REALLY fast.

Jennicula said...

All I saw was a blur but heard what sounded like a very large bee go by me.

Madam, would you like to pick a card or watch me disappear?

sdock10 said...

Fuck people, Jenn. And strike a match and watch em burn! LOL!

Hormones. Shmormones. The older I get the less I tolerate people's ignorance and complete bullshit.

I wanted to dress up like Justin Tranter from Semi Precious Weapons, but I didn't think I was girlie enough. Sucks to be me.