I gently force another book on my bookcase.
The shelves are packed with wonderful creations and fabulous stories. All of which I've enjoyed immensely.
The rows of books are stacked two high and two deep. All are organized in my own strange dewey decimal system.
Not 6 months ago I weeded out several bags of books. The ones given away were difficult to let go.
Now my shelves are groaning under the weight of the written words again.
I don't think I have it in me to get rid of any more favorites.
The only thing I can think of as a solution is to add on to the house.
4 comments:
The ghost hunt was great. I emailed you about it and I'm gonna put the same stuff I told you on my blog.
Cos I'm lazy that way hahaha!
I'm with you on the books. I love them, I have groaning bookshelves too. If I won the lottery I want an old house with a room I can use as a library.
Your adventure sounds great and am envious of your comfort in roaming around a dark and creepy haunted castle by yourself. Somehow I don't think I'd be able to pull it off that cooly. I'd be a huge dork and insist on holding your hand.
I love the feel and smell of books. It's one of those comfort things that helps to reel it all back in by fiddling with a few pages and jumping into an adventure.
If I won the lottery I'd also have extra rooms. One for my books and the other for my shoes!
Hello
Just wanted to stop by and say "Hey". I loved what you wrote about the books. I can totally understand it. My study is filled with floor to ceiling bookshelves that are full. There are 8 other bookshelves spread out through the house. Yes I sell books for a living but damn it there are just so many I can't part with. LOL
Hope you're doing well. Take care.
I've always been a big reader and some of my most favorite haunts had been used book stores. There's a certain smell to them that I love. It's a bit musty or something. I could lose hours knocking around a good store digging through shelves. I'm not even really looking for anything in particular, I just like finding the unusual.
I'm thinking that my love of books was passed down to me from my mother. We used to work in the same building and we would spend pay day lunch hours at the book store looking for something neat. I would come home with a bag full of books that would have to hold me over until my next pay day.
Unfortunately where I live now there aren't any good used book stores (or even small individually owned ones). They're all the corporate giants who have crushed the little guys. I hate when that happens.
Post a Comment