I sit and relax in the sun.
My mellow tunes play in the background and I feel the mental pot start to stir.
I envision a large paddle stirring this cauldron of my thoughts.
'Round and 'round she goes. Where she stops, nobody knows.
I get lost in my mind while giving myself a pedicure.
Are my feet the gateway to my internal processing?
I know putting my feet in the sand and letting my toes dig in releases something in my mind.
As if the tiny particles are actually little keys which open the padlock placed on my relaxation.
Pedicures - or at least the process - do the same thing for me.
My mind goes blank of all the immediate concerns.
Sometimes I get all my toes done and hardly remember doing anything.
Except when I'm done, I'm happy and relaxed.
Are other people this way?
Do they instinctively do something without question to pull out their creativity?
As the polish dries on my toes I smile.
I'm not sure why exactly, and I probably look like a fool, but I don't care.
2 comments:
Hiya Jenn, I find a long soak in the bath works for me. Of course the water has to be full to the brim.
You know Jenn, I'd love to adopt another granny. There were some lovely old ladies at her funeral who live at the same sheltered housing complex. Maybe I could adopt one of those. Good suggestion sweetie.
I love a good soak anywhere. If I had my druthers, I'd even make the water so hot it made my skin pink.
If you have the time, adopt another granny. Sometimes it seems like the elderly get abandoned as much as children when they get pesky with needs and stuff.
Hey, maybe you can even put a sign up in your neighborhood like a "Lost" or "Wanted" poster?
Post a Comment