I sit outside and laze in the sun.
It's one of my most favorite things to do. I know it's not good for me, but I love the warmth of the rays soaking into my skin.
The Ipod is on "random" and songs loaded long ago but forgotten, play. I find myself singing along. Not well, and not loud, but loud enough that I am conscious of the volume. A singer I am not.
The iced-tea is cold. My stack of books to read is tall.
I love these days. I always have.
Long ago I enjoyed this kind of day with a group of like-minded friends.
Now I share them only with you.
The comfortable silence rides the afternoon.
You in your head and me in mine.
I write in my journal all the thoughts that have occurred to me in the past few weeks and you patiently wait to hear them.
And eventually you will.
1 comment:
Can't beat a good lounge in the sun.
Post a Comment