Monday, June 11, 2012

Full moons...

I cannot sleep.

I have heat-induced insomnia.

The heat and humidity have my clothes sticking to me. A thin film of sweat has left a fine sheen on my bare skin.

You turn and look at me. It is obvious you share in my misery.

Even though you are exhausted, a twinkle shines in your eyes.

You reach out to me and just say, "Come on."

I take your hand because I think you're reading my mind.

The world is asleep. Their homes all having the familiar hum of hard-working air-conditioners.

We head outside with towels in hand.

We strip in the moonlight and giggle like teenagers.

You jump in first with me following quickly.

The water is cooling and I feel the heat of the day fade from my skin.

We swim and talk. Talk and swim.

It's one of those nights that I'm so lucky you're my best friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much information! Bizzie Lizzie

MissTottenham said...

Oh god, a pool. Heaven.

It's started to rain again here and they say it will rain for the whole of June and over the next 3 days we'll have 30 days worth of rain. But get this, we still have hosepipes bans in some areas cos this rain we've had since our short warm spell is apparently "the wrong kind of rain". Can you believe it.


Hiya Jenn sweetie, can't wait to chat too but I'll wait to hear from you cos I know you are stoopid busy at the mo.

Take care sweetie xx

MissTottenham said...

I hope you are OK and work hasn't killed you or sent you mad yet xx