It's taken me a while, but I've finally given in to welcoming the fall this year.
I'm not sure what my boggle was, but it shut out all my senses. The ones which inhale the fragrance of foliage decay.
I happen to enjoy the smell of Earth reclaiming herself.
It's damp and woodsy with a hint of chill in the air.
The leaves blanket my yard in a beautiful tapestry of yellows, oranges, reds, and browns.
The crackle of leaves beneath my feet as I shuffle through the pile makes me smile.
I grew up in an area that did not produce huge piles of leaves. There was no change of season.
Which means there was not time when the Earth shucked the dead to make room for new and alive things.
Of all the seasons time has to offer, Autumn is by far my favorite.
2 comments:
There are so many squiralls out and about gathering nuts right now. I love squirrals.
why do they look so good with guns?
Why did that picture make me laugh so much?
We have a crazy squirrel that runs across our roof and jumps on to our fence. Then it will sit there and try to stare you down.
I've even seen it lay down on the fence like it was just too tired to go on.
There are other times he'll pick apples from the tree and throw them down onto the ground. Like he has some kind of deal with the hedgehog. I think all those critters are in cahoots.
The cats (indoor) don't really know what to make of him.
Post a Comment