Friday, April 22, 2016

Let's Go Crazy

Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
2 get through this thing called life

Electric word life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here 2 tell u
There's something else
The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
U can always see the sun, day or night

So when u call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
U know the one - Dr Everything'll Be Alright
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cuz in this life
Things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life
You're on your own

And if de-elevator tries 2 bring u down
Go crazy - punch a higher floor

If u don't like the world you're living in
Take a look around u
At least u got friends

U see I called my old lady
4 a friendly word
She picked up the phone
Dropped it on the floor
(Sex, sex) is all I heard

Are we gonna let de-elevator
Bring us down
Oh, no Let's Go!

Let's go crazy
Let's get nuts
Let's look 4 the purple banana
'Til they put us in the truck, let's go!

We're all excited
But we don't know why
Maybe it's cuz
We're all gonna die

And when we do (When we do)
What's it all 4 (What's it all 4)
U better live now
Before the grim reaper come knocking on your door

Tell me, are we gonna let de-elevator bring us down
Oh, no let's go!

Let's go crazy
Let's get nuts
Look 4 the purple banana
'Til they put us in the truck, let's go!

C'mon baby
Let's get nuts
Yeah
Crazy

Let's go crazy

Are we gonna let de-elevator bring us down
Oh, no let's go!
Go crazy

I said let's go crazy (Go crazy)
Let's go, let's go
Go
Let's go

Dr. Everything'll be alright
Will make everything go wrong
Pills and thrills and dafodills will kill
Hang tough children

He's coming
He's coming
Coming

Take me away!



~Prince

3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Prince was never my cup of tea, all his songs especially in the early days was all about sex. On and on and on and on about sex, I thought he was weird and creepy. Saying all that, I'm sad that he's dead, he was far too young and even though he wasn't my cup of tea, you cannot dispute that he was a musical genius. All those instruments he could play and all that output of songs was out of this world. He was never mortal.

RIP Prince, another one stolen too soon.

MissTottenham said...

So glad you enjoyed your not at work day. Everyone at our place is having a not a work day on Monday as it's a bank holiday.

Instead of being grateful that I get that every week cos I only work Tues-Thurs, I feel cheated cos I don't getan extra day off LOL. I know I get my pro-rata rate of bank holiday's added on to my leave tally but it still feels like I'm missing out when everyone is so happy to get a day off and they are singing about all the time and I'm like "same old week for me". LOL


Poor Bears Dad, sometimes you've got to keep a bit of distance so that you are not dragged down by the sadness. It's not like you are not grieving yourself. His grieving will be something hopefully, we'll never realise. So sad, so many questions.

MissTottenham said...

LOL your mum is a handful. I'm sure when you were grinding to Prince, she thought that about you.

I've been off work yesterday and today with a really bad cold AGAIN. It's only three weeks since the last one, this one is Amelie's fault. She sneezed on me, we've all had it but of course I got it worst.

I also desperately need to win the lottery. I've not won yet though *waves fist at lottery gods* Damn you bastards!!!!