The voice coming over the speaker phone is too chipper for
me this morning. Even though the voice is upbeat, my mind wanders - obviously - during the meeting. All I can hear and am taking away from this is "blah, blah, blah."
I keep checking the time.
Only 63 more minutes left of this webinar which feels remedial at best. None of this applies to me and I keep thinking about all the things I need to do today other than sit stagnant.
My brain is fuzzy from the night before. Too much alcohol and not enough sleep reminds me that I'm not in my 20s any longer. My ass is dragging.
I'd act my age but sometimes I just don't want to. I need to be free of those adult shackles.
But all I want to do today is put my head down on the desk and take a nap. So much for my power house persona today.
The rainy weather is not helping. Not that I'm hating it, mind you. I'd just rather be home under a blanket, reading a book than sitting in a circle with a bunch of suits.
All of whom appear to be just as empty behind their eyes as I probably look. They, too, look like they'd rather be somewhere, anywhere else.
If I could sneak out or hide under the conference table for a nap, I'd do it. But my company frowns at employees sleeping at work.
Go figure.
Lesson learned: Work hard every day, but play hard only on the weekends.
3 comments:
You need a pair of those glasses with the eyes painted on them so you can close your eyes behind them and no-one will know ^_^
As your friend Jenn, I will ignore your typos. Also as your friend, I would love to be a guest at your house. The hospitality sounds wonderful, you sound like a fantastic host, I bet Willie's friend had a great time.
If I can post myself cheaply, I'll get myself over there for crimbo OK? LOL
I bet I'd never want to leave either ♥ ♥ ♥
Post a Comment