Thursday, September 8, 2016

Welcome home, stranger...

It's taken me a long time to get here.

Probably more than 20 years.

I didn't realize I had arrived until a few days ago. Strange as that may sound.

The sadness I held on to for so long was no longer there. It had slipped from my grasp as if it were smoke and was just simply not there. There was no gaping wound that I had expected to last forever.

It became nothing.

In a good way.

Now that I'm here, I feel as though I have accomplished something. Like I won a trophy or a spelling bee.

But it was all inside my head. You won't see any confetti popping out of my ears. No marching bands leading the celebration of me moving on.

Funny.

I wrestled with myself for many ugly years and it just slipped away in the middle of the night like the bitch it was.




1 comment:

MissTottenham said...

Whatever it is, I'm happy for you. I hope you feel happier too.