Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Beach baby...

I hate to admit it, but her last barrage of calls bothered me.

The last week was spent with thoughts of her popping into my head in my quiet times. Not so much concerned about her well-being, but more like, "WTF?!" You just don't do that to people you call friends.

So when you suggested a beach day, I jumped at the chance.

All other thoughts were driven out of my head. I could practically smell the salt marshes, feel the sun on my face and hear the ocean. I needed it. I wanted that.

It had probably been a long time since you saw me moved like that. Get ready in a flash. You would've thought that Santa was coming to town or something.

Instead, it was a fully-backed offer that made me giddy. I practically skipped around the house because I was so excited.

I couldn't drive the car any faster. Well, I probably could've, but that would be a different story.

We drove straight to the beach. I scrambled out of the car, just barely willing to wait for you to get the blanket. I was prepared to throw myself onto the beach without it. I didn't care.

The day was wonderful.

As I sat on the blanket and then flopped back, all I could yell and laugh towards the electric blue skies was, "Yes! Yes! Yes - this is what I needed! Thank you!"

I let the breeze blow the mental stink off of me. I inhaled the unpolluted salt air willing the city crud out of my lungs. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of the waves breaking at the shore. White noise pushing out the thoughts that clung to the cobwebs in my mind.

Did I care that the water was too cold to swim? No. I wasn't there to bathe. I was there to soak it all within my soul. My soul needed a swim.

I felt my spirit get cleaned and I couldn't help but smile. Smile at nothing. At everything. At you.

You saw me stumble with my darkness and knew how to pull me out. You knew what I needed and made it happen.

You couldn't have planned a more perfect day.








4 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Sounds like a truly wonderful day. Everyone should have their own personal beach.

MissTottenham said...

I don't know about toys but she did share her hand, foot and mouth disease with me when she barfed all exorcist style down me. I've been off work all week but luckily I haven't had the nasty spots, she has poor thing.

I know she's not a baby anymore. me and sis keep looking at baby pictures and saying "can you remember when she was that small? Nope".

MissTottenham said...

Door = foot LOL.

We have so many photos, my sis and hubby takes so many each month and they put them on memory stick for me and I save them all on dvd discs. Neil's dad keep making compilation dvd's each 6 months for us all.

Yeah, projectile vomit not so funny. Bless her she's better now and her spots are going. I'm better too and back at work.

She took 3 steps on her own today, of course she was walking to me. She also tries to say I love you when I say it to her, bless her.

Does it hurt when you crane your neck to look at the boy ^_^

MissTottenham said...

I love those made up words. I'll let you know if Amelie comes up with any. At the moment she loves to blow raspberry's. I'm trying to teach her I love you, she can't say it yet but she makes the right noises like I ooo woo, bless her she's really trying.

LOL, loving the step, needs must cos you can't get an achy neck, not with winter coming on. You could take a fold up one with you when you go out or maybe get some platform shoes.