Sunday, October 31, 2021

Ooooh, spooky ghosts…

 When I was a child I thought as a child and acted as a child. Now that I’m an adult, we’ll you lose some and you lose some.


For me it’s the most wonderful time of the year.


Greeting trick or treaters at the door. What children dress up to be hasn’t changed much since I was a kid.


Although there are more store bought costumes now and not many scary ones. Lots of princesses and super heroes. Although I did have one hot dog and I think Padre Pio -which was new this year.


All are polite with the exception of one the ninja who told me to “give him some.” And here I thought ninjas were silent.


Some just stand at the door waiting for it to magically open. I happen to be a creeper, so I hear them coming a mile away. 


This year a neighbor tied red balloons to sewer grates in the neighborhood, which I love. That’s how you set the tone for Halloween.


Yes, I dress up to answer the door.


Yes, I hand out the big candy bars.


Yes, I say Happy Halloween! 


Because for me, I’m always happy on Halloween.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Sounds just perfect (apart from the ninja).

Gotta love Halloween. The little ones loved trick or treating this year. It's the first time they've been old enough to wait till it gets dark to do it properly. Little Eloise knocked on the door of every house we went to. And Amelie was so polite and wished everyone she met a happy Halloween.

The second best day of the year, cos I love crimbo.

Glad you had a good one xxx

Jennicula said...

Ugh – I was able to respond to your Halloween comment and my phone ate it. That was mid-November. I have been so busy, much like the rest of the world.

I’m glad the girls were old enough to go out collecting properly. It’s always amazing to see these little people so polite (or not). They are so excited to be dressed up. It’s just so much fun. I’m just a little kid in a grown up body I guess. I still dress up to answer the door.

Crimbo is literally right around the corner – and this year I feel that I’m prepared. I’m not usually this ready to go.