Wednesday, December 29, 2021

When you hit a groove, it's not you; it's the spirit world. The spirits whisper the ideas in your brain and prod you along. They're the ones that are really happy. Tommy Chong

 Jenny


I was in the middle of a dream when the whisper woke me up.


My eyes popped open and I looked around the darkened room.


6:06 am - not a soul moving in the house. Not even the cat - and he's the one who is usually waiting for me to get up and out of bed to give him his belly rubs and water.


It was clear as day and seemed to be whispered right in my ear.


Jenny


The whisper lingered with me all day - and the more I thought about it, the more creeped out I became until I came to the only solution possible.


The cat has learned to speak.



3 comments:

MissTottenham said...

LOL Jenn, maybe that's true.

I hope you and yours had a great Christmas and I hope you have a fantastic New Year xxxx

Jennicula said...

We had a very nice holiday and eased into 2022.

Woke up to snow today. I'm back to working from home again. That damn Covid running through the office again. We are fine, but it's hit a little closer to home than I'd like. Not that I'd like it anywhere.

Here's hoping 2022 is better than the last 2!

Hugs to you and yours from me and mine.

MissTottenham said...

Hi Jenn, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas and New Year. We had a nice Christmas too but a nothing New Year cos of the positive covid tests. But it was nice cos it was quiet.

We only had 3 days of snow at the beginning of December, but it's getting colder and colder and it's so frosty and foggy each morning.

Yes, 50 years, the 70's. It doesn't seem so long. I find it weird that the fashions of the 50's, 60's and 70's were so distinct but from the 80's onwards we all started wearing "normal" clothes, like jeans and jumpers etc and we've been mostly dressing the same ever since. We all know that in the 80's we weren't all running round in neon everything. If you wore something from the 80's or 90's now, no-one would bat an eyelid, but if you tried something from the 70's someone would say that's a bit 70's. Sometimes it's hard to know from fashion alone when a film was set and even the music cos we still listen to the 80's and 90s stuff. You have to look at the technology to know exactly when it was made. I find it so weird how that last 40 years can really blur into each other, especially the 2010's.

The 50's had rock and roll, the 60's had proper pop music, the 70's had glam and disco and heavy rock, the 80's had electronic and rap, the 90's had dance, Britpop and grunge, the 2000's had emo, but what has there been since, absolutely nothing new. It;s all still rap or average pop music. Everything is a genre of something that's already happened and the fashions all seemed to have happened before. It's just the technology that's new. I've honestly not paid attention to the music scene since MCR split up cos like I said 2010's nothing new. Top of the pops finished so you don't see music and videos, I don't listen to the radio cos I'm a TV person, but if it's not in front of me, I'm not gonna go looking for new music when I like what I already have. So, I have no idea who any pop star is since 2010 and if the song's been out in that time, I've not heard it lol. And I also lost interest in celebrities since reality tv people (I won't call them stars) began to be treated like celebrities, I lost interest in the lot of them. Basically, I don't know who anyone is or what they do and I like it that way. I know who Tom Hanks is and that's all I need to know hahahah!