It feels like forever since I last hit the beach.
My soul has been a little lumpy and bumpy from the lack of beach salt air clearing it out.
As I drove closer and closer to my destination, I could feel a lightening within. An excitement bubbling up.
Joy.
I parked the car in an appropriate parking spot. Not on the beach as I had wished. I have 4 wheel drive and technically could drive directly to the water, but I expect the authorities would not appreciate my enthusiasm in the moment.
With 3 other people in tow, I had to reign back the spiritual sprint to the water and meander through surf shops as a responsible adult.
Oh how I hate adulting sometimes.
The trek up the boardwalk had me shucking my shoes and socks so that the moment my feet hit sand, it was between my toes. as it should be.
I did not grab hands and pull anyone to move faster. The giddiness bubbling up inside me ready to burst out loud.
Up and over the dunes I went and I could see the beach. I could hear the ocean. I could feel the wind tickling around me.
Home.
As I walked closer to the waves lapping up in the surf, I could feel myself relax. All is good in my world now.
Not that anything was bad beforehand, just that I needed this on a level that some people may not understand.
I walked up and down the beach. Looking out over the ocean. Watching birds dive-bomb into the water to catch fish. Pods of dolphins swimming by. Ships out in the distance on the horizon.
Yes. I could stay here all day.
No electronics. No work. No worries. Just me doing me stuff. Setting my soul back on track. Fluffing it up and gathering as much positive energy as one can spirituality stuff into one’s space.
My travel companion were ready to leave. Clearly before I was ready, but I was good to go.
I got a little sun on my skin, a little sand between my toes, and a little soul cleansing that left me lighter than when I first arrived.
Ps. Everything all the time

2 comments:
Sounds amazing, I'm glad you got your bit of peace.
I'm quite envious about the dolphins. We do have them round the uk but I've never been lucky enough to catch a glimpse of any.
I hope you have recharged your batteries, till the next time.
I did recharge that day, but wound up needing another beach day.
Post a Comment