Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Baby, you can drive my car…

It had been a long time coming. Taking time off for fun.

Now, looking back on it I realize my planning could have been better.


What was I thinking sandwiching a vacation between business trips?


Well, I’ll tell you - I wasn’t.


The original thought was, “it will be fast and furious, but lots of fun.”


Individually, each thing was great. Smashed together, it was too much.


3 weeks of travel took its toll both on my body and my brain. Too much rich food and alcohol, late nights and not sleeping well, entertaining and being entertained = burning the candle at both ends.


Not surprisingly I got sick once the travels were done.


The cat’s recovery after being boarded has been slow. I’m not sure he has forgiven me yet by the fact that he jumps up on my desk and yells at my face when I’m sitting there.


I need a vacation from my vacation.


A week of nothing. 


No people. 


No travel.


I want to roll out of bed and onto the couch to spend a day reading.


I want to dig in the garden and listen to my own music piped into my ears directly.


I want to cook or grill my own food. Veggies will be included.


I want to spend a rainy day inside watching garbage television in my pajamas.


It sounds like I need to retreat and recover in a quiet way.


Maybe it’s just me getting older and not being able to run 24/7.


I used to be able to live life with the peddle to the metal. All day every day. Now I need to take breaks because my back is sore, I’m hungry, I’m tired, and I’m getting cranky. I need a nap.


I’ve turned into a middle aged toddler.







Ps. Beep-beep, beep-beep yeah

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

I hear you Jenn, I hope you get the chance to recuperate and chill. I've been the same lately, I think I'm allergic to leaving the house, every time I do I get sick. I've had a cold in Feb, Mar, Apr, and May, this one accompanied with tonsillitis, that was fun.

Get well soon Jenn.

Yes, time does fly doesn't it. We are hoping to take a few trips this summer, I just hope we get some good weather. Just like you, the girls love the beach, so that's where we will be headed next.

Do you have any more trips planned? Will you get to dip your toes in the sea again?

Yeah, I have been super busy, can't believe my three years at Uni is almost over. Just one more essay to go and it's over. Gotta decide what to do with my life next.

Enjoy your unplugging xxxx

Jennicula said...

Hello there!

We kind of took time to breathe. We’re heading onto summer, and that’s the season of visitors. We’re booked for the next two weekends and had to turn down one group due to overlap. It’s strange. Maybe I’m old school, but when I go to visit someone and I’m staying at their place, I don’t bring friends with me. This seems to be a recurring issue with people coming to my house. Like I’m an Airbnb or something.

So we’ll hopefully get to relax again in 3 weeks? Sheesh, that seems a long way off.

I’m hoping to get to the beach again this summer, but just in case I don’t, I actually bought lounge chairs for the backyard so I can read a book under an umbrella. I feel like this summer is better planned in that respect. I hope you have a lovely time with the sand in your toes and ocean breeze in your hair.

Good luck with the essay! Let me know how you did.