Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No touch...

Do I have a sign on me that says, "please touch"?

Do I look like I want random strangers getting in my personal space? What is it about me that makes people want to pet, touch, or sniff me?

What am I - a petting zoo?

You would think seeing me with my hand outstretched in a "stop" motion and actually saying, "Get the F@$% off me," would be a clear indicator that I really don't want you in my space or on top of me. I stiffen up when people approach me and have been known to stomp on people when they've gotten too close.

I don't know. I think some people are even weirder than me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl it sounds like you are having a day!!! A lot of people don't know about "personal space" ( You know I am one of them...well after I have become friends with ya) Well there has always been you.We have always been friends... I feel lucky that I am allowed in your space...other people should really stay outta your space. I really am not good at sharing. LOL ! I hope you have a good day tomarrow with out "space" trouble.
I love ya!
I miss ya !

Anonymous said...

You don't even have to go any further! I clearly have a sign on my forehead and back stating "I have a five-foot wing span, and I'm not afraid to use it."

Not really, but eff it, I need five feet between me and you at all times. Okay, so maybe more like three, but on some days, five.


Sorry, black cloud of doom stopping by.

Please don't be sorry. I'm the big black cloud of doom on most days of the week, so absolutely no need to apologize.

I still have this tiny flickering flame of hope for the future, except some days it gets blown out, and I'm still not sure who or what relights it. But, the moral of my story is that I know there are things that aren't going to happen in my future. That's just the way it goes.

There are such things as odds, and mine are stacked against me, you know? There are just some things that won't happen.

I guess the thing we have to work on and get better at is accepting that, just like you did. But, I'm pretty sure that's the hardest part.

Jennicula said...

Beach baby! How are you? So, you never answered my question. Is it "butt naked" or "buck naked"?

You are one of the few people that my invisible "piss off" bubble does not apply to.

Mustard - my personal space extends out past my fingertips by about 1-2 inches. Depends on how well I know you and what kind of mood I'm in. If it's a good mood, it's to my fingertips, if I'm in a bad mood, you should leave the room.

Is is acceptance or giving up hope? Seems to be a thin line between the two.