Friday, February 6, 2009


I stand outside and take in the beauty of the evening.

I feel as if I were standing in the middle of a snowglobe that someone has just shaken up.

Snow swirls around my head and little glistening flakes stick to my cheeks.

I take a moment to listen to the sound of falling snow.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.


It quiets me. It tells me to hush the inner voice and outer voice.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.


It tells me to open my eyes and appreciate the hushed blanket of stillness.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pix!
I am a friend of Sherris stopping in to say Hi!

Anonymous said...

It's easy to forget that it really is beautiful when that four-lettered word comes down. Bizzie Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Winter brings some wonderful surprises. Everything is white as snow and the eye catches the beauty of a Red-bellied Woodpecker at the feeder.....Color you can't believe. A special moment in time.
What a scene you portray with vivid pictures and descriptive words.

Sassafras T

MissTottenham said...

Great pics Jenn, snow looks so beautiful.

Aw we speak now, our snow is waning a little but we have masses of horror film fog. Spooky.