The rectangular pine box was sanded and carefully stained to perfection. I just wanted to run my fingers down the beautiful wood to feel the satiny finish. But you just don’t do that kind of thing without raising a few eyebrows.
Instead I was to sit and stare at it while strangers spoke about a person whom I loved. Loved me in her own weird way.
Sniffles permeated the crowd. Some were caused by sadness, some by allergies.
My earlier concern for inappropriate giggles was unfounded. My emotions had found that quiet place and were safely locked up inside me. I was blank.
What was inside the box was just the shell of the force of nature I knew.
Her laughter and vitality has been silenced. Once the casket was shut, she was gone to me.
Death has left a void that will only be filled as I continue to live.
The world is not as noisy today as it was two days ago.
I find that I miss the chaos already.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Jenn. I hope you are OK. I'm thinking of you sweetie.
And.
OH MY GOD Jenn, that puts our rats to shame.
The rat catcher from the council seems to think it's a mum and her little uns taking shelter rather than an influx of loads of rats cos there were small droppings too. It seems a shame to kill them and I'd rather trap them. We will ask the rat man when he comes back to check it out.
Have a great weekend xxxxx
Aww, Jenn, I'm sorry. This post is so thoughtful, I can tell she is missed dearly.
I realized I never answered you question. About becoming a vampire.
Yes. In a heartbeat. Which I suppose might be my last one.
Does that make me strange? Maybe I've seen too many movies...
I hope you have a good weekend.
Post a Comment