Friday, November 20, 2009

Unplugged...

As I reach out into the world, I try to make connections with others. Sometimes I succeed. Other times I don’t. That’s life I guess.

At work, at play, at home I’m always on. Always reaching. Always searching. Always out there.

After a few months of burning the candle at both ends, I’ve finally run out of wick.

It’s time for me to re-group.

Time to unplug.

Time to reconnect with myself.

I have turned off the phone, unplugged the computer, locked the front door, and stocked up on chocolate and bacon for a mini-hibernation-rejuvenation week. My personal goals are small and attainable.

Sleep in
Eat
Read
Play


This is me, signing off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely.

Forced myself to leave the house for a couple hours today so I wasn't neurotically hoping from biz email to twitter to facbk back to biz email....

Even though I've been home from traveling a week, I still feel as if I'm not quite "with it" yet. Friend said that there's something akin to "travel lag": when you keep moving your body hundreds of miles every couple days, even while driving, your sense of equilibrium gets exhausted. Or something.

Yeah, my brothers were on this MTV show called True Life: I'm a Fanboy. Their segment of the show is funny, so I thought if you get a chance, it may be fun to watch them bumble around.

See ya when you come back.

Welsh anon said...

Hi Jennicula. Just wanted to thank you for your kind words over at Miss T's blog.

Diolch yn fawr

Andrea said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenn. I hope you have a relaxing and refreshing break. :)

sister midnite said...

Hiya Jenn!
Happy Thanksgiving! ♥♥♥

Just stopped by to let you know that I'm thinking if you, and hoping you're enjoying the hell out of your chocolate & bacon. Sometimes unplugging is the only thing that can keep you sane!

Take it easy with your sexy self.
:)