My feet are too hot. I peel off my socks and head for the cold tile to cool my dogs.
As I step into the bathroom, I glance at my reflection in the mirror.
I see that my face is flushed and my hair has taken on the out-of-control look that would be sexy if I didn't have a thin film of perspiration on my upper lip.
I sadly shake my head as I first wonder, what is wrong with me?
Which then leads me to the answer, oh yeah, it's menopause.
If I'm not over-heating just standing still, I've got a bug up my ass about nothing.
When I'm not hot and cranky, I have hollow legs which can only be satisfied by my strapping on a feedbag of such things as chocolate or anything that is probably not good for me.
I know hormone therapy is not an option for me, so I worry about how long I'm going to be psychotic like this.
Most days I want to flick lit matches a people or sling my hairbrush at things and scream.
My family laughs at me and my cranky pants.
But how long will they laugh because I'm getting tired of myself already.
4 comments:
You know Jenn, when my mum started with the menopause and got hot flushes etc, she didn't want to take HRT so we did a little internet searching and found this kind of fruit cake that has all natural stuff that makes the symptoms less.
I'd have to ask mum what it was called cos it was made by a local company and I can't remember but I'm sure there'll be an american version.
You don't have to suffer and my mum said the cake was quite nice too.
I think that cake (especially if it were made of chocolate - or rum) should help any hormonal issue! :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to visit the dr soon and ask about homeopathic options.
Hi Jen, thanks for the thoughts, fortunately my family and friends are all in areas which are higher and all are safe and sound.
Hoping that there is no more rain down there so at least it won't get any worse for everyone. Very scary times, I remember 1974 when the same thing happened and there are predicting worse.
Hope you get some relief for the menopause symptoms too, my mum had the same and couldn't take hormones or anything as she had breast cancer.
At least you know it will all ease off one day. There are a lot of options an dI hope you can find one that suits you.
so we did a little internet searching and found this kind of fruit cake that has all natural stuff that makes the symptoms less
Cake really is the answer to everything!!
And chocolate ganache would be just the icing on the top. =)
Happy New Year young lady! And keep slinging those hairbrushes. Our cricket team could do with an accurate new bowler.
xoxox
Post a Comment