My day started out exactly the way I wanted - late.
I eased into consciousness and welcomed the sounds of my world waking up along with me.
The cats purring as they were buried in the covers next to me. The warmth of their bodies heating mine.
A sleepy face peers at me with the ever present question in his eyes - "Is she cranky?"
I stretch lazily and smile at him.
It's going to be a good day.
I throw the covers back and head towards the bathroom.
Out of sheer habit, I pull back the curtains to check on the world outside.
There I see it.
Giddiness overcomes me and I start to clap.
Why is it that I always get so excited about the first snow of the season?
The large flakes float down to Earth like feathers falling from the sky.
I am held at the window gazing at the world outside with a huge smile.
I do love winter and I'm ready for it.
2 comments:
I'm good thanks Jenn, just busy with the move. So much to arrange. Just glad that Mum and Sis are coming down to help.
Going out for my last meal with my friend from downstairs tomorrow. She too is moving from these flats but just round the corner. She now has an extra bedroom and has invited me for visits. She is Latvian and they like to entertain people.
How are you sweetie? Did you manage to keep that flu at bay?
You know what pisses me off about snow? When you see it first start to fall and you rush to get ready and by the time you get out there some bastard has walked down the street and the first footprints are not yours. Pisses me off that does hahah!
Good for you and your move.
I detest moving. Maybe because I'm married to a pack rat? We have a ton of stuff - not all of it is his, but a majority is - that we could toss. But won't.
I did manage to keep the flu at bay. Probably all the vitamins I've been shoving down my throat.
As for the snow? I'm just tired of snowstorms every 4 days. We just had one yesterday and today the roads are all still crapped up.
Another storm is heading my way for Saturday and then ANOTHER storm on Tuesday.
Where's this early spring thing because it's sure as Hell not here.
Post a Comment