Monday, January 24, 2011

One is not the loneliest number...

My lazy weekend of naught let me sink back into my head.

Not that it's a bad thing. I've been so busy I've only been living on the surface. No time to delve, ponder, kick, or let go.

It's taken me nearly two days to let go enough to be able to begin the inner ramble.

I forget that when I'm on overload, all I hear is static. Too much going on at the same time.

Work worries and fast-paced home life shuts down the creativity in me.

My time is spent mentally shucking the clutter. Once I do, I hear the faint whispers of ideas just barely out of my reach - but there nonetheless.

I become aware that I've been neglecting myself.

That "aha" moment appears before me and I know how to charge into next week.

A little calmer, a little wiser, and ready to take on the world.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

See, if you had a Facebook, you could write this out as a note and I could just press "like." But no, you gotta make me type and stuff. I'm trying to come back to myself too, January has been Hell on Earth for me, I will tell you the whole sordid story sometime. Today, to be nice to my inner me, I bought a vacuum to suck kitty litter up (not so much creative), and worked on my Zombie puppy feltie. More creative--I have a whole book of itty crocheted zombie things I want to do too. Maybe someday. Hope you've been well!