The red elixir made by the gods loosen up my thoughts. My body becomes much more limber, as do my fingers.
My mind swirls as does the liquid in the glass as I take another sip.
Jumbled words fight to be in the forefront of my conscious thought.
With every sip, my day fades away and the warm feeling inside envelopes me.
The bickering earlier becomes hazy and I hear my laughter ring out in the quiet room.
My limbs quickly become clumsy and my speech slow. I sink into the couch, welcoming its softness.
I find my body fully in lazy mode and my thoughts cleared. My hearing is gone. The music playing in the background is just that more enticing to turn up.
He looks at me and smiles.
His hand reaches out towards mine.
"It's been a long time since you've loosened up like this." He says.
"I know." I reply with a smile.
I glance at my glass and find it empty. No need for any more. I'm right where I want to be.
Smiling and relaxed.
4 comments:
Jenn sweetie, you are right about books.
LOL for a room full of shoes. I'm not a shoe fan but I've got a shit load of trainers.
*nudges tipsy Jenn*
That sounds like Heaven.
I raise my beer to that moment.
Myself- school. Reading. Interfaith event craziness. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
I'll be leaving Nazareth, as I no longer need a BA. Doesn't make financial sense since I've already gotten accepted to an MDiv program.
Will be needing a new job in a month, therefore. One that allows me to work evening classes and accomodates my sleepiness, occasional tardiness...
I think I'm most surprised I'm not freaking out about it. It's weird. I'm usually the type that goes rabid at the prospect of not having a job. I don't know if I'm too burned out from this year to care, or maybe I'm just gonna trust that something will pop up.
What have you been up to?
And this evening, I salute you with a glass of cheap chardonnay.
I began the MDiv in the summer, taking Ancient Greek. So, long as I can find a job that pays the lil bit that isn't covered by scholarships, I should be good. This semester, taking Worship and Sacraments, Pastoral Care I (MDiv, not Naz BA stuff).
Latter class was funny. Everyone in my group kept making jokes that they would start booking appts for my counseling services. Also joking that I already had a place in ministry.
Actually made me feel kinda bad. I'm a theist, no doubt (won't start ranting about why I think I believe in a Divine Being Thing here). And I've fallen in love with Christian/Catholic studies, be it history, theology, or anthropology. But despite my Catholic upbringing, I don't believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ.
I don't have anything against the guy. Quite the contrary. I would even concede that something about his mission was inspired by the divine.
Anyway. Monologue for another time.
I'm glad you enjoyed the snippet. I was worried posting it that it would be too much text for one blog. What makes me most happy, though, is that you were able to relate it to your own life.
I, too, have gone through some serious readjustments in how I evaluate and choose friends. To the point of attempting to totally isolate myself from others. For myself, I'm the bad guy in friendships. I never matured to the point where one associates with others not because they entertain you or provide you an opportunity to be entertaining. Humans have friends so they have others they may trust, feel comfortable around.
The brain stops developing at 25, so I think at this point, I'm screwed.
Woo, the wine loosened up my fingers, didn't it? I'm gonna stop now before I start divulging other complications of my life at this moment.
Oh. And have fun with your time off.
Spurius approves. He likes when you get time off.
And he likes your butt.
Post a Comment