Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving...

I am thankful for:
~my health, because not everybody is well
~my home, because there are people who don't have one
~my child, because not everybody who wants one has one
~my lousy job, because not everybody has one and needs one
~my friends, because life is tough when you don't have any

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insane. And for many sundry reasons.

That's how I would describe this semester as it comes to a close.

For most of the year, I've been power-housing through all of my work, all of the readings. Yes, in part due to the ever-looming spectre sleep is for me. But also because I love what I'm studying.


When I was a Media Studies major, I never thought I'd find anything so fulfilling as writing a script, lighting a scene with my paltry resources, editing a video that would hopefully take someone's breath away.

My passion for acting brought me on the set of all sorts of projects, ranging from the tragic to the comical and obscene.

Yet- even though I'd say 75% of the time, as I peruse contemporary events, religion inspires a blind, seething rage- I'm addicted. I wonder often if it's because I most likely believe in a God due to my brain structure (I fit the personality stereotype). Or if it's because it is one of the few subjects on the planet that will always have room for inquiry. That because it's a puzzle I can't solve, I can't lay to rest, it keeps me captivated.

I'm not sure. But I'll be damned if I don't get my MDiv.

I've become a slug as of late. It's taking me longer to get around to assignments. Instead of working on a report for Pastoral Care, I read St Augustine. Weird exchange, I know.

Or I'm reading your blog. ^_^ Quick reference back to your last post. I, too, have a difficult time assigning a place the honor of "home." Closest I have is my car, actually. Even before I lived in it last year.

What have you been up to?

Oh, and I'm thankful that, despite the earlier difficulties with my disability this year, that everyone at school and my family has tried to be understanding. I'm thankful for all the people I've met and the ones I will meet. My mother was in the hospital due to some crazy heart problem the entirety of the week before Thanksgiving. I'm grateful she's alive and fine.

Gives me less to worry about. :p

I'm thankful for the government giving me loans to be able to start this new path. I'm thankful that we live in a country that is not war torn. I'm thankful for this Christmas Ale I'm imbibing with chocolate malt and cherries.

Though I'm not thankful for it making me leave you a beast of a reply.

MissTottenham said...

LOL Jenn, the 70's eh? The decade that fashion forgot. I guess I'll let you off hahahaha!


I'm thankful for crazy American friends. That goes for you too GV sweetie.