I don't drive that much at night anymore. Everything seems too dark. Darker than it used to be.
Since I'm a passenger at night, I get to spend my time gazing out the window.
I love to drive past homes with their lights on.
Not to see what the occupants are doing. That would ruin if for me.
I want to see how the homes are decorated. Are the walls cluttered with pictures? Are they bare? Why did they paint that wall that color? Don't they know people can see inside their homes? Do they even care?
While I love to be a drive-by peeper, my intentions are purely nosy.
My home is buttoned up tight. I use my curtains as an unpenetratable shield. My walls and decorations remain a mystery to the outside world.
I enjoy peering inside other peoples homes, but I don't want people peering inside mine.
I'm a hypocrite I know, but it is what it is.
1 comment:
You got that from your mother. No bears are going to watch me at night without me knowing about it! It's nice to shut the world out and have a peaceful, private retreat!
Post a Comment