Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Unplugged...

It's that time of the year when I purposefully unplug from the world.

Not because I'm angry or hurt or worried about something, but because I just know it's good for me to take a step back and recharge myself.

My days are spent sleeping and reading. Cooking and eating. Sharing love and laughter with my best friend.

I don't need and expensive get-away. All I need is to be enveloped with the ones I love and do the things I love to do.

I unplug from work and high maintenance acquaintances.

I unplug from the outside world and the ugliness that surrounds it.

I know it's the right thing to do because I wind up smiling and laughing more.

My mind runs amok with ideas and I'm starting to get the itch for remodeling a room in the house.

As I unplug, I wind up finding bits of me that had been plowed over by various bombardments.

Now all I need is to win the lottery so I can continue to be a happy hermit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My arm is sore. I'm not used to this extensive healing process. Perhaps the only incident that compares I've suffered prior are the stitches I got in my knee at 21 from heavy drinking at a party.

I dropped a glass and broke. Bent down in order to be helpful and clean it up. Had a bevy of med students around me for the next half hour studying the cut before they determined I need stitches.

I cried from embarrassment so much my eyes were swollen for two days afterward.

I hate getting sick or injured. I'm just not built for that kind of downtime. I rush back into work as soon as I am able.

What have been your worst injuries?

I see that you are enjoying some time off yourself. It sounds lovely. At the Red Cross when I was making a decent living, I learned the value of such time.

Job satisfaction or a good paycheck? I have to trust that someday I will find that balance.

Do you feel you've found it for yourself?

Unknown said...

Oh, and reply to http://whymustiwait.blogspot.com

Blogspot is being obstinate to my palm reader gmail account (rockstarpsychic) and the one where my blog is placed.

I'm too tired to fight.

MissTottenham said...

LOL Jenn sweetie, a vodka fountain. You go girl, Why the hell would they turn that down. Do they know nothing about keeping the workforce happy hahah!


Enjoy your unplugging. Talk to you soon sweetie xxx

Andrea said...

Hi there Sunshine. I've been uninspired these last few months and haven't been much into writing. But I've been thinking of you. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your break. I left you a little present at my blog. Nothing too special, but I hope it makes you smile. :)

Andrea