Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Under Doggery...

The sound of silence thundered through the room after the announcement.

I could swear that I heard myself blink.

Most of the occupants froze on the spot. Not looking an any one person in particular.

I watched people mentally shut down.

It wasn't quite the reaction I expected.

I expected something, but not this.

Even the most verbal of the bunch was stunned into silence. That's actually a pretty amazing feat seeing that most of the time you can't even staple her lips shut for a moment of quiet.

It made me realize that the right choice had been made and that I'm a real threat to those around me - which they felt I wasn't before.

Go me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh, please do tell. What did you say? What did you reveal? Did the baring of self prove too much for the plebeians about you?

MissTottenham said...

LOL Jenn, you gotta laugh.

I had a mole removed once and went back after two weeks. I said the the nurse "I've never had stitches out before so I'm nervous". The nurse said "I've never removed them before so I'm nervous".

I looked at him gobsmacked. He opened my notes and said "you had dissolvable stitches GOTTCHA!!!".

Gotta laugh.