Monday, June 27, 2011

I do...

I was there for a moment to witness something great.

I had missed many of those times in his life and I regret it. I was the big sister, but wasn't a very good one.

I attribute it to being selfish and immature on my part.

He said his vows and I watched him become a "real" adult.

Not that he was a child in reality, but in my minds eye, he was still a kid.

He took her hand and I watched him soak in her beauty.

All he could do was beam at her.

She is all his.

Someone to share his life with.

I am just so happy for him that he found the girl who answers the call of his heart.

As I watch the love pass between the two, I hold your hand and give it a little squeeze.

My silent way of telling you that I'd do it all over again.

And again.

And again.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

Aw bless *wipes away tear* You soppy thing.

That was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

We are truly blessed that both of our children have good, happy, stable marriages. Our lives are complete. Love yas. Bizzie Lizzie