Monday, June 13, 2011

Winer...

My wine pops the cork on my writing slump.

The more I imbibe, the more I find ideas where I can't scribble fast enough.

I don't advocate altering yourself to become creative.

I just find that sometimes - with a chemical shield - I am able to delve a bit and pull out those thoughts that have been rambling around in my head.

Maybe I achieve the alcohol cape I"m waiting for.

Maybe it just loosens my inhibitions so I'm open to sharing.

My mask has a kryptonite. A certain flaw.

It's tinted red and made of mashed grapes.

I drink my wine and empty my mind of those things that hang around like apparitions.

I let them loose on paper and then walk away.

A perfect purging of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

I'm not a wine fan but mum is. Though she slips into s dribbling coma after a couple of glasses.

I also love fish n' chips. As long as they're not too greasy. Do you eat them with vinegar or ketsup or just plain?


Salt and vinegar every time Jenn. Malt or chip shop style vinegar, I'm not fussy.

Have you seen the cute little wooden forks they give out to eat them with? At bridlington, there is a chip shop with a large bench sized wooden fork outside which funnily enough is a bench. Cool eh?

Jennicula said...

I love the malt vinegar, but not a lot of places sell it.

And no cute little wooden forks, but lame plastic white ones.

I like the sound of the bench. Do you ever sit on it?