Thursday, August 25, 2011

The ♥ of the matter...

Sometimes when your heart is broken in the smallest of pieces, you feel as if there are too many parts to put back together.

So, you gather the big pieces up, slap some glue on them and stick them back in the gaping holes.

You still have empty spaces where the tiny pieces are missing, but you begin to function without those parts.

Then one day, the wish that broke your heart so long ago presents itself and you realize that you no longer wish for it.

Your heart has finally healed. It is scarred and you can see the damage, but it works. It is different than before, but it still beats strong. Other wishes and desires pump through your veins and they are what keep you going.

It's that fact that makes you smile. Your heart can take a lickin' but keep on tickin'.

The open spaces from the initial damage have filled in with other things. Love, laughter, shoes, cats, and of course, chocolate.

Lots of chocolate.

2 comments:

MissTottenham said...

You can add pizza to that list.

I'm doing good Jenn, coming up to a bank holiday weekend so of course it's bound to rain the whole weekend.

I think I may try your swith off from the world thing.

Mind you, I try to do that every weekend but people keep calling me back. Damn people hahah!

Anonymous said...

Please, for the love of a God/Gods you may or may not believe in, tell me you're heading inland.

I don't know exactly where you live, but if I remember correctly you live near the coast.

Here's for hoping I'm overreacting and it turns out to just be a big storm.

Thing is- in talking to my friends on the East Coast, I realized they have no idea what a hurricane actually is.

When I was in Florida, I thought I was driving through a hurricane only to be told by natives, "Oh, that's just a thunder storm! We don't get hurricanes in Tampa."

Sorry. That is why I'm so worried. We Northerners really don't have a clue.

Enough rambling. Let me know you're safe and sound, that's all.