"A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde" (Always a favorite of mine.)
If you need someone to complain to, I'm around. The more I think about it, the more okay with it all I become. At least I know now and won't be wasting time with those people. Never did like the "in" crowd...
Yes, I'm slowly ironing out the kinks (so-to-speak). Now I know where I stand in the grand scheme of things. It's not where I thought I was, and that's something I'm working on.
I deleted some names and that's a good start for me.
Sorry you had the same kind of day as me. At least I know you wuv me! I trust you'll pull the knife out from my back (as you have many times). I'll do the same for you!
I've been trying to figure out why I don't feel as hurt and angry as everyone else seems to, and I think maybe it's because I never felt very included to begin with. I'll participate in discussions with the "in" crowd, but I've never felt like one of them. I guess this is the sort of thing I expect to happen, and so it didn't come as a huge shock to me when it finally did.
Does that make me a pessimist or pragmatist? Still pondering on that one...
If anything, this whole situation has certainly made me re-evaluate the criteria by which I decide who my online friends are.
Very few of the ones I thought I knew are actually the type of people I thought they were. Not just the ones who kept the secret, but also the ones who reacted viciously after the secret was known. I wish we didn't have to be so ugly.
Anyway, another long ramble. I appreciate your post, and I hope you're feeling a bit better now that some time has passed. But I understand that the healing process is slow. I myself am very slow to mull these things over.
I guess my mistake was that I thought I was part of the crowd. Now I just know better.
I stew and brew and then move forward. My circle of e-friends has changed and gotten smaller, but I'd rather have it that way. I guess I've culled the herd a bit.
I still look forward to seeing you around. I enjoy your thoughts.
7 comments:
I know how you feel.
"A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde"
(Always a favorite of mine.)
If you need someone to complain to, I'm around. The more I think about it, the more okay with it all I become. At least I know now and won't be wasting time with those people. Never did like the "in" crowd...
Yes, I'm slowly ironing out the kinks (so-to-speak). Now I know where I stand in the grand scheme of things. It's not where I thought I was, and that's something I'm working on.
I deleted some names and that's a good start for me.
Usually I stew and brew for a while.
OH MY !!! It sounds like you have had a day like mine!
My heart goes out to you!
Beach Baby!
Sorry you had the same kind of day as me. At least I know you wuv me! I trust you'll pull the knife out from my back (as you have many times). I'll do the same for you!
I've been trying to figure out why I don't feel as hurt and angry as everyone else seems to, and I think maybe it's because I never felt very included to begin with. I'll participate in discussions with the "in" crowd, but I've never felt like one of them. I guess this is the sort of thing I expect to happen, and so it didn't come as a huge shock to me when it finally did.
Does that make me a pessimist or pragmatist? Still pondering on that one...
If anything, this whole situation has certainly made me re-evaluate the criteria by which I decide who my online friends are.
Very few of the ones I thought I knew are actually the type of people I thought they were. Not just the ones who kept the secret, but also the ones who reacted viciously after the secret was known. I wish we didn't have to be so ugly.
Anyway, another long ramble. I appreciate your post, and I hope you're feeling a bit better now that some time has passed. But I understand that the healing process is slow. I myself am very slow to mull these things over.
Thanks for stopping by Andrea.
I guess my mistake was that I thought I was part of the crowd. Now I just know better.
I stew and brew and then move forward. My circle of e-friends has changed and gotten smaller, but I'd rather have it that way. I guess I've culled the herd a bit.
I still look forward to seeing you around. I enjoy your thoughts.
Post a Comment