Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Grapes of Wrath...

The grapevines reach towards the sky. One of the few plants I am unable to kill in my backyard. That, and the bamboo, but that's a whole other story.

The days are getting shorter and the nights cooler. How long before it's considered fall?

My crop is the same as last year. Bitter grapes for the longest time and then over night - whammo! - they turn into raisins right on the vine.

I hate raisins. They are shriveled up dead grapes. Life had been sucked out of them and now only their wrinkly black shells are left.

So I find it ironic that I hate raisins and that seems to be the only thing I can grow.

Life sure can be funny sometimes.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Lol, is it Benny & Joon that has the line about how raisins are humiliated grapes?

I used to live in a house that I had a massive grape vine growing all around the back porch. The grapes never dried up enough to turn into raisins. They just got moldy and fell off the vine, making a mushy purple mess all over the porch. The sugar ants were in hog heaven.

MissTottenham said...

Hiya Jenn sweetie.

I dunno anout grapes and raisins but I think prunes are evil.

xxxx