Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Peeping Toes...

A week after it was too cold to go barefoot in the sand, the weather warmed up and I was finally able to let my toes see the sunshine.

One of those small pleasures for me is just taking the time to give myself a pedicure. I won't let anybody else do it. I'm not so much into other people touching my feet.

I never primp in the winter. My toes are in hibernation from November to late April under black tights, socks, or knee-highs. The shoes are solid and there's no toe peepage. Bare toes and snow just don't mix.

Today was foot pampering day.

And the best part is that I get to s how my "Vixen" colored toes in my new sandals.

Ok, they're 4" heels with brown leather straps and buckles and they make me look like I can really kick ass in them.

And I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect post to come to because today I have found myself trying to absorb every tiny detail of the Moment.

Knowing these sacred times will never come back.

I know tomorrow there will be more. Life has become an absolute pleasure this past month.

I had my first pedicure/manicure a couple months ago (though someone else did touch my feet). It is sooo much fun. I now do it at home as well to save money.

Original Punk L said...

Hi Jennicula, thank you so much for your kind words at my blog. I took Logan to my parents home and we took him to a cemetary close to their house for burial. It's so peaceful there, in the woods; a very pretty place. He passed away in my arms, and I know he knew I was there. I know to some it seems odd to be attached to a pet, but if you don't have kids, and especially when you've had the little fur babies for a long time (Logan was 7 years old, and I got him when he was 2) it hurts to seem them go.

How are you doing? I haven't seen you around much lately and I miss reading you at Mayos.

Love you dearly,

Lisa

farawaysoclose said...

hey Jenn!!

hope you enjoy your time off.

look forward to reading you again soon.