I was once asked if there was ever a song that moved me profoundly.
I didn't have an answer at the time. I couldn't pick one that struck me somehow.
Sure, there are songs that calm me, amp me, make me dance, help me focus, help me think, or even put me to sleep.
There's even that short list of particular artists that are like nails on a chalkboard. They make me want to put my head through the wall. But there still wasn't that song I could pinpoint as being "the one."
That was until I heard an old favorite,
The piano started and her voice oozed out.
I had found it.
The song that makes my eyes tear up. The one I could listen to at any time. Each time making me appreciate her talent and try to fathom the beauty of her haunting voice. Time stops and I must listen.
"Isn't it a pity" by Nina Simone slays me.
Always has and always will.
No comments:
Post a Comment