He gets me in a head-lock and gives me a noogie.
I guess this is just his way of telling me he loves me.
He is taller than me now.
I remember when he was just thisbig. I would wrap my arms around him and blow raspberries on his neck just to hear him giggle.
He smelled like cookies and a little bit of kid dirt.
Now he smells like a regular person. No more magical child smell. He's a regular dude now.
Most days he blocks me out of his life. Always surly and private.
I just want to make sure he's doing ok in his world.
Today, however he laughs with me.
Maybe even at me - but I enjoy the music of his laughter just the same.
3 comments:
Mmmmmmmmm cookies!
Hiya Jenn,
I hope you are feeling better? I don't envy you the snow storms, snow is no good once xmas is over.
We are having big winds here. Though I do like the sound of the wind outside when I'm snuggy warm inside.
Awww! I can only imagine what it's like to watch your little one growing up to be a man. Do you still think of him as a child? I know my parents had a hard time recognizing we were now adults, and responsible for our lives. Achievements and mistakes both.
Well, I got a job. Another insane nonprofit, called Downstairs Cabaret Theater. It's a full time job for very, very little pay. I didn't want to work full time when going to school, but I've been left with no other choice.
I do find it funny that job-wise, I've taken a complete 360, as I haven't been directly involved in theater since I was 18.
And computer finally died this weekend. Got turned down for credit, dragged my mother to the store with me so she could pay for it. We've set up a payment plan so I don't forget to pay her back.
I felt like I was taking advantage of a confused older woman....
You? I know I've been gone for, like, 3 years.
He may be 95 years old, but he'll still be your baby boy. Bizzie L
Post a Comment