Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good Morning Moon...

The house is dark and quiet. Most of the occupants are asleep.

Not sure why I am awake, but I am.

I pad around in the dark. Trying to figure out what drove me out of a deep sleep.

When I find nothing, I peer out the window.

There the moon hangs low and full behind the bare trees.

It is pre-dawn and the neighborhood is quiet. I look to see if anybody else is up wandering around and I see the other homes dark with slumber.

I find myself smiling (a rarity for me in the morning) at the thought of being one of the few people that day seeing the moon in that way.

I sit for a bit staring outside and enjoy the view. Just a secret peek I was gifted to see.

Maybe that's why I woke up so early. A wake-up call from the heavens that were just a "good morning' to me.

Well OK then.

Good morning right back at'cha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this one. It sounded so peaceful and quiet. A change from your busy life. May you havemore peaceful, quiet times. Love ya. Bizzie Lizzie

MissTottenham said...

Aw Jenn, that was lovely.

I would probably be too pissed off thatI was awake too early to even look out of the window.


Jenn, I know what you mean about things being in the right places. Some things were just meant to be in certain places. To move them would mean catastrophe somewhere in the world hee hee!