Our first real winter storm is bearing down upon my little town.
The flakes are tiny and aplenty.
The wind swirls them around my face and up my nose.
It never fails - during a good storm, snow manages to get snuffled up my nose.
I was able to get my shopping done early. You can always tell what kind of storm we're going to have by the state of my cupboards.
Am I out of bred, milk, and/or eggs? Yes = major storm on the horizon. No = a minor inconvenience is approaching.
The news says "blizzard" "drifting" and "emergency."
I think we're going to get walloped.
With my body bundled up and my hat pulled down over my ears, I stand outside and listen to the snow fall.
You would think that snow was silent but it's not.
It is the quiet "shhhhhhhh" that hushes the bustling world that it covers.
The blanket of silence is beautiful and I always feel like my being is even too loud to just stand there and take it all in.
1 comment:
Hiya Jenn, well we finally got the tree up last weekend but we are only getting round to putting cards up this weekend.
We usually see snow just before Christmas and then again for a little after but last year it was early. My lil sis's birthday was on the 1st Dec and she reminded me that we were covered this time last year. I like the snow to come cos I can handle white fluffy snow but I hate the ice. Though I always feel a bit sad when all the lovely white snow gets all dirty and slushy hee hee!
Post a Comment