I finally got my Christmas tree this year.
It seems like my brain keeps thinking I have more time before the holidays, but in reality they're thisclose already.
The Autumn wreath was replace by the pine one and the yellows, oranges, and browns have been replaced by blues, whites, reds and greens.
My tree is the prettiest one we've ever put up. I know I say that every year but every year my idea of beauty changes.
This year it's just lights and a star on top. NO ornaments.
Last year it was just particular ornaments and an angel on top.
It was the most beautiful tree we've ever had.
So, this year I smile at it's beauty in simplicity.
That's what I wish for this coming year - to be able to appreciate beauty in it's most simplest form.
1 comment:
Oh wow Jenn, I'm so glad that you have your parents closer to you, it must be a weight off your mind to get them out of those woods.
But bloody hell, I can't imagine moving home this close to Christmas. Wow, that was a massive thing to do. I'm not surprised you are playing catch up. I hope you manage to get a nice sit down with a cuppa at some point this Christmas. Get dunking some of those cookies.
Post a Comment